Ethiopia, Here we come!

Ethiopia, Here we come!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Away we go!

I am not so good at this blogging thing, I have decided. And I have figured out why! I read too many blogs. That is the reason. The blogs I read are so awesome and impressive. They are beautiful to look at and very up to date and some are written by the most amazingly gifted women. I am intimidated. But then I remember why we started this blog and the reasons are twofold...

1) To keep our friends and family up to date on our adoption, as it happens.

2) To have something to show Zoey someday about her adoption process, since I am not a journaler.

All that being said...here is our update: We leave Thursday for Ethiopia! Matt's mom comes over here early Thursday morning to stay with our four kids. Matt and I hop in the packed up Expedition and drive over to my parent's house so they can drive us to the airport. We depart from OHare in Chicago at 1pm. We fly to Dulles in Washington DC where we catch another plane to JFK in New York. We are in New York (in the airport only, BOO) for six hours and then we get on Emirates Air to fly to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This is a 13 hour flight. We have a mandatory grounding in Dubai for 12 hours and they put us up in a hotel. Our hope right now is that we can sleep a full night and take a shower before we fly to Addis Ababa the next morning. This way we will be on Ethiopia time and hopefully won't have jet lag too bad.

After that, the only things we know for sure is that we meet Zoey on Monday! Our court date is Wednesday August 4th. We are so excited for this trip and can't wait to hold our daughter for the first time.

We will do our best to keep all this up to date, so keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment